Scheduling & Visits
Prior to the consult, you will complete a detailed medical intake online. If appropriate to your situation, Dr. Horton will also have you complete Functional Medicine lab testing before this visit. At the end of this first 90-minute consult, you will leave with a customized, action-oriented plan addressing your health concerns incorporating a personalized meal plan, movement, sleep and stress management techniques. Medical-grade supplements and botanicals specific to your situation may also be recommended. At this time, all visits are conducted via HIPPA-compliant video portal.
The initial consultation is $499 which does not include laboratory professional fees or lab testing. Payment is due prior to the visit. We also have several comprehensive packages that may be appropriate for your needs.
At this time, you must be a resident of Colorado or Florida to see Dr. Horton for Functional Medicine consultations. At this time, all visits are conducted via HIPPA-secure video portal and/or phone calls.
Patients have unlimited email access with our Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email. Patients can expect to receive a response to their email within 48 business hours.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
In this role, Dr. Horton serves as your guide, or consultant. She does not provide traditional primary care services covered by your traditional health care insurance such as vaccinations, Pap tests, mammograms or colon cancer screening.
Functional/Integrative medicine is not a substitute for these valuable primary care services. Dr. Horton does not serve in the role as your primary care physician and it is expected that you will continue to have a primary care physician to address acute concerns/illnesses, emergencies, prescriptions and routine health maintenance.
Conventional health insurance programs often do not cover Functional Medicine consultative services. Dr. Horton does not participate with health insurance programs (including Medicare/Medicaid), or bill health insurance for services. She can provide paperwork to submit for an insurance claim/health savings account/or high deductible plan. HSA cards are accepted.
It is important to note the following:
- Dr. Horton/Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine, does not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in-network primary care physician and is not in-network with any insurance plan.
- Dr. Horton/Peace and Calm Functional Medicine, is not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
- Dr. Horton/Peace and Calm Functional Medicine, does not have a 24-hour answering service and does not take calls on weekends or holidays. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency, you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
Non-Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Functional Medicine lab testing may not be covered by your insurance company. It is recommended you check with your insurance company about coverage. If they do not cover the test, you will be billed at the cash price by the lab company directly. There is an option on the requisition form to “bill to insurance first,” but every insurance company is different and it is recommended you check with them before the lab is billed, as in some cases it will be cheaper for you if the cash price for the lab is paid up front.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Horton and may include blood, saliva, urine and/or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing, you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose, you may continue to work with Dr. Horton if this is appropriate to your clinical situation.
- Dr. Horton is able to order conventional lab testing through facilities such as Lab Corp and Quest.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Schedule a discovery call with Dr. Horton to answer your questions and determine if Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine is right for you.