Detailed Terms And Conditions
Date Effective: March, 2021PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING ANY OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITES OR SERVICES AND SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE SUCH USE. WE MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON NOTICE, WHICH MAY BE ACCOMPLISHED BY POSTING THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE OR VIA EMAIL. YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES FOLLOWING SUCH NOTICE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT. IF WE REQUEST, YOU IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO SIGN A NON-ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
2. Intellectual Property RightsOur Limited License to You. This Site and all the materials available on the Site are the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or the materials available on the Site in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us. More specifically, unless explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service or by the owner of the materials, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Site. You may, however, from time to time, download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Your License to Us. By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, Facebook postings, photos and videos) to us via the Site, internet groups, social media venues, or to any of our staff via email, text or otherwise, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are thirteen years of age or older. In addition, when you submit, email, text or deliver or post any material, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as we deem appropriate. You acknowledge and agree that any contributions originally created by you for us shall be deemed a “work made for hire” when the work performed is within the scope of the definition of a work made for hire in Section 101 of the United States Copyright Law, as amended. As such, the copyrights in those works shall belong to COMPANY from their creation. Thus, COMPANY shall be deemed the author and exclusive owner thereof and shall have the right to exploit any or all of the results and proceeds in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in all languages, as COMPANY determines. In the event that any of the results and proceeds of your submissions hereunder are not deemed a “work made for hire” under Section 101 of the Copyright Act, as amended, you hereby, without additional compensation, irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to COMPANY all proprietary rights, including without limitation, all copyrights and trademarks throughout the universe, in perpetuity in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, to such material and any and all right, title and interest in and to all such proprietary rights in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. Any posted material which are reproductions of prior works by you shall be co-owned by us. You acknowledge that COMPANY has the right but not the obligation to use and display any postings or contributions of any kind and that COMPANY may elect to cease the use and display of any such materials (or any portion thereof), at any time for any reason whatsoever. Limitations on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the Site. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
3. DisclaimersThroughout the Site, we may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, neither we nor affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through the Site or on websites linked to by us on the site. If applicable, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors, and not COMPANY. Neither COMPANY nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, COMPANY neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on any of the Sites by anyone other than an authorized COMPANY representative while acting in his/her official capacity. THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND BY COMPANY AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BULLETIN BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ON THIRD-PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless COMPANY its affiliates, their successors, transferees, assignees and licensees and their respective parent and subsidiary companies, agents, associates, officers, directors, shareholders and employees of each from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth herein.
4. Online CommerceCertain sections of the Site may allow you to purchase many different types of products and services online that are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of these products and services. If you make a purchase from a merchant on the Site or on a site linked to by the Site, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant’s online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by both the merchant and us. A merchant may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. In addition, when you purchase products or services on or through the Site, you may be subject to additional terms and conditions that specifically apply to your purchase or use of such products or services. For more information regarding a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant’s website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly. You release us and our affiliates from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through the site. Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Site, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that COMPANY shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings. You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Site. You agree to use the Site and to purchase services or products through the Site for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only. You also agree not to make any purchases for speculative, false or fraudulent purposes or for the purpose of anticipating demand for a particular product or service. You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally permitted to do so. When making a purchase for a third party that requires you to submit the third party’s personal information to us or a merchant, you represent that you have obtained the express consent of such third party to provide such third party’s personal information.
5. Interactive FeaturesThis Site may include a variety of features, such as bulletin boards, web logs, chat rooms, and email services, which allow feedback to us and real-time interaction between users, and other features which allow users to communicate with others. Responsibility for what is posted on bulletin boards, web logs, chat rooms, and other public posting areas on the Site, or sent via any email services on the Site, lies with each user – you alone are responsible for the material you post or send. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may provide through the Site. It is a condition of your use of the Site that you do not: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site. Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site. Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person. Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means. Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site. Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law. Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder. Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component. Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising. Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval. Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site. COMPANY may host message boards, chats and other private/public forums on its Sites and on other platforms. Any user failing to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement may be expelled from and refused continued access to, the message boards, groups, chats or other such forums in the future. COMPANY or its designated agents may remove or alter any user-created content at any time for any reason. Message boards, chats and other public forums are intended to serve as discussion centers for users and subscribers. Information and content posted within these public forums may be provided by COMPANY staff, COMPANY’s outside contributors, or by users not connected with COMPANY, some of whom may employ anonymous user names. COMPANY expressly disclaims all responsibility and endorsement and makes no representation as to the validity of any opinion, advice, information or statement made or displayed in these forums by third parties, nor are we responsible for any errors or omissions in such postings, or for hyperlinks embedded in any messages. Under no circumstances will we, our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through these forums. The opinions expressed in these forums are solely the opinions of the participants, and do not reflect the opinions of COMPANY or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates. COMPANY has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of the content or postings on the message boards, chat rooms or other public forums on the Sites. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right to monitor the same at our sole discretion. In addition, we reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any postings or content, in whole or in part, for any reason and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request and to protect ourselves, our clients, sponsors, users and visitors.
7. PasswordsTo use certain features of the Site, you will need a username and password, which you will receive through the Site’s registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, INCLUDING OUR MESSAGING, BLOGS, COMMENTS OF OTHERS, BOOKS, EMAILS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR BY US IN ANY WAY, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE SITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR MATERIALS. THIS SITE IS CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
8. WITH REGARDS TO CONTENT RELATING TO HEALTH & WELLNESS ON THE SITE:THIS SITE OFFERS HEALTH, WELLNESS, FITNESS AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION AND IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN OR OTHER HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTH-CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THIS SITE. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THIS SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICAL OR COUNSELING CARE. FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE AND COUNSELING INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PSYCHIATRY, PSYCHOLOGY, PSYCHOTHERAPY, OR PROVIDING HEALTH CARE TREATMENT, INSTRUCTIONS, DIAGNOSIS, PROGNOSIS OR ADVICE.
9. TerminationWe may cancel or terminate your right to use the Site or any part of the Site at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Site affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Site, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
10. Refund PolicyYour purchase of a product or service or ticket to an event may or may not provide for any refund. Each specific product, service, event or course will specify its own refund policy.
11. Digital Millennium Copyright ActThe Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by COMPANY infringe your copyright, you, or your agent may send to COMPANY a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon COMPANY actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to COMPANY a counter-notice. All notices and counter notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see www.loc.gov/copyright for details.
12. AssignmentThis Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of COMPANY and our respective assigns, successors, heirs, and legal representatives. Neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned without the prior written consent of COMPANY Notwithstanding the foregoing, all rights and obligations under this Agreement may be freely assigned by COMPANY to any affiliated entity or any of its wholly owned subsidiaries.
14. Class Action WaiverYou may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless all relevant parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.
15. SeverabilityIf any clause within these Terms of Service (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from these Terms of Service, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, this entire Provision will be unenforceable and the dispute will be decided by a court.
Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms carefully. We reserve the right to change these Terms without notice at any time, and by using our Website, you are agreeing to the Terms as they appear, whether or not you have read them thoroughly, or even at all. If you do not agree with these terms, please stop now and do not use this Website, programs, products or services.
Practice reserves the right to terminate the Terms and to modify or discontinue this Website, including any features herein, at any time with or without notice to you. We shall not be liable to you or any third party should Practice exercise such right.
You understand and agree that temporary interruptions of the services available through this Website may occur as normal events. You further understand and agree that Practice has no control over third-party networks that you may access in the course of using this Website, and, therefore, delays and disruption of other network transmissions are completely beyond Practice’s control.
You understand and agree that the services and documents and programs available on this Website are provided “AS IS” and that Practice assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery, or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
Your Use and Consent
This Website has been created to provide information about functional health care services and is for general informational purposes regarding functional health care that should never be construed as medical advice for any person, including patients of the Practice. Nothing on this Website is intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Intellectual Property Rights
Our Website, programs, products, and services and all the materials available on or through it are property solely owned by Practice, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. You are only permitted to use the content as expressly authorized by Practice. You may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any documents or information from this Website in any form or by any means without express written permission from Practice, and you are solely responsible for obtaining permission before reusing any copyrighted material that is available on this Website. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this Website may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Practice does not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on, or obtained through, this Website will not infringe the rights of third parties. See “User’s Materials” below for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on this Website infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party.
Any trademarks, taglines, and logos displayed on the Website are trademarks belonging to Practice. Any trademarks reproduced on this Website, which are not the property of, or licensed to Practice, are property of their respective owners. Any use, including framing, meta tags or other text utilizing these trademarks, or other trademarks displayed, is strictly prohibited without our express written consent.
Each time you submit any User Materials (as explained further below), you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the state in which you reside and are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User Materials you submit, and that, as to that User Material, (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User Material, or you have a lawful right to submit the User Material and grant Practice the rights to it that you are granting by these Terms and any additional terms, all without any obligation on our part to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of Practice; (b) the User Material is accurate; (d) the User Material does not and, as to Practice’s permitted uses and exploitation set forth in these Terms, will not infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; and (e) the User Materials will not violate these Terms or any additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
Practice has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User Materials, but you grant Practice the right to protect and enforce its rights to your User Material, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at Practice’s cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Practice as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
Please do not submit confidential or proprietary information to Practice unless we have mutually agreed in writing otherwise. Practice is also unable to accept your unsolicited ideas or proposals, so please do not submit them to Practice under any circumstance.
Practice respects the intellectual property of others and asks you to do the same. If you or any user of this Website believes its copyright, trademark, or other property rights have been infringed by a posting on this Website, you or the user should send notification to Practice immediately. To be effective, the notification must include:
1 A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Practice to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
4.Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to infringing activity and that is to be removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit Practice to locate the materials;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c), Practice’s Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as indicated below. Service of repeat infringers of copyright or of users about whom repeat claims of copyright infringement are received will be terminated.
Designated Agent for Claimed Infringement:
Dr. Jennifer Horton, DO
Links to External Websites or Use of Social Media
From time to time this Website may also include links to other websites or to social media sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information and to allow you to visit other website(s) of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over their website or social media sites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites or social media, and such sites and social media sites, even if operated by us are not governed by these Terms.
Likewise, if our Website is linked or referenced in someone else’s website or social media, we are not liable for any information provided on or through their website or social media as it is not under our control in any way whatsoever. We accept no liability for any of the views, facts, opinions, or references in our or their Website whatsoever. Information posted on this Website related to or linked to a third party website, may express a perspective which may or may not necessarily reflect our views.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of the website or social media sites you are visiting or using. Use of external links to other sites or social media does not signify that we endorse them. Practice bears no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) or social media websites.
You must not use our Website in any way that causes or is likely to cause access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way and you must use it for lawful purposes only. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to Practice by you. You may not use our website or any aspect related to it in any of the following ways:
- To conduct activity with fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offense or to otherwise carry out any unlawful activity;
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing, abusive, threatening, defamatory, objectionable, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringing of any intellectual property rights, or is otherwise injurious to third parties, or which consists of or contains software viruses or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam;
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to anyone or anything;
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content; or
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any of our content in contravention with these Terms, our Disclaimer, or any other agreement that you may have with us.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that Practice is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any other Website participant or user. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Practice harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, that arise from your use or misuse of the Website. Practice reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Practice in asserting any available defenses.
You are aware that you have the right to consult an attorney prior to using our Website or purchasing any program, product, or service from or through us. Practice is not responsible for your personal actions or choices before, during or after use of our Website. Notwithstanding any limitations by law, your misuse or non-use of this information is at your own risk, and you absolve Practice of any liability or loss that you, your business, or your family, children or heirs (if applicable) or any other person, may incur. Additionally, notwithstanding the limitations of law, you acknowledge that you are using your own due diligence and assessment of risk when it comes to making your own decisions, and you are voluntarily making those decisions with the full awareness that there may be risk involved.
Any testimonials or examples shown through Practice’s Website are truthful reports stated by real people (not actors), and do not guarantee or promise in any way that you might achieve the same outcome as each situation varies.
Every effort has been made to present you with the most accurate, up-to-date information with attention and care. However, because information is constantly evolving, Practice cannot guarantee the accuracy of the content of our Website or that any or all related information is completely current or applies to you specifically. You acknowledge that such information and materials in our Website or our programs, products, or services may contain inaccuracies or errors and Practice expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law and that Practice is not obligated to inform you of any updates or changes as they occur.
We try to ensure that our Website availability is uninterrupted and error-free. However, Practice cannot guarantee that your access will not be suspended or restricted from time to time, including to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new services, although, of course, we will try to limit the frequency and duration of any suspension or restriction. Neither will Practice nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered through our Website for any particular purpose.
In addition, although this Website may be accessible worldwide, Practice makes no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with this Website is void where prohibited.
If you are dissatisfied with your use of this Website or the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease use of this Website.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT (INCLUDING USER SUBMISSIONS) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS OF OUR WEBSITE, including the products or SERVICES available for purchase therein, FOR ANY PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, In no event shall PRACTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR CONTENT OR ANY SITE OR CONTENT LINKED FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST SAVINGS OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Confidentiality and Security
To use our Website, we may seek personal data or information, including your name, e-mail address, phone number, street address, billing information, interests, or other personally-identifying information (“Personal Information”), or you may offer or provide a comment, photo, image, video, or any other submission to us when using or participating in our Website (“Other Information”).
You agree, however, that whenever you make your Personal Information or Other Information available for viewing by others, such as through our Website, the Personal Information or Other Information that you share also can be seen, collected and used by others and, therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized use by others of such Personal Information or Other Information that you voluntarily share online or in any other manner.
Practice reserves the right in our sole discretion to refuse or terminate your access to the Website, in full or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of cancellation or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Website affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you in these Terms with respect to the Website will still apply now and in the future, even after termination by you or us.
This Website (excluding any linked sites) is controlled by Practice from its offices within the State of Colorado, United States of America. It can be accessed from all fifty states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Colorado, by accessing this Website, Practice and you both agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this Website. Practice and you both agree and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts sitting in Jefferson County, Colorado, as applicable, with respect to such matters and any other dispute relating to the Website. In any action to enforce these terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to attorneys’ fees and costs. Any cause of action brought by you against Practice or its affiliates must be instituted within one year after the cause of action arises or be deemed forever waived and barred.
If any part of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Any failure by Practice to enforce or exercise any provision of these terms or related rights shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
You may not assign your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party and any purported attempt to do so shall be null and void. Practice may freely assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
You agree not to sell, resell, reproduce, duplicate, copy, or use for any commercial purposes any portion of this Website without written permission from Practice.
These Terms shall not be construed more strictly against any party regardless of who is responsible for their drafting. Unless the context of these Terms otherwise clearly requires, references to the plural include the singular and the singular include the plural. Wherever the context so requires, the masculine shall refer to the feminine, the feminine shall refer to the masculine, the masculine or the feminine shall refer to the neuter, and the neuter shall refer to the masculine or the feminine.
The captions of these Terms are for convenience and ease of reference only and in no way define, describe, extend, or limit the scope or intent of these Terms.
By viewing this Website, you agree to not engage in any conduct or communications in a public setting, including social media, designed to, or that in fact, disparage Practice, our Website, programs, products, or services. Should you have concerns or questions about this Website or our programs, products, or services, you are to contact us directly at email@example.com. Where required by law, of course, you are not prohibited from sharing your thoughts and opinions as a part of the legal process.
If you have any questions about any of these Terms, please contact Practice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take The First Step On Your
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Schedule a discovery call with Dr. Horton to answer your questions and determine if Peace and Calm Health Functional Medicine is right for you.